CalSens SL has its origin in the R&D activity. The participation in many and varied research projects has given us the abilities to solve complex issues related to structure engineering. The growing of CalSens SL is due to the rendered services and the generated R&D.
All the developed research projects have their origin in the main questions, doubts, needs and ambiguities which arise in the structure projects, and in particular, in the systems applied to monitoring processes. Their development has allowed the obtaining of procedures, protocols, design tools and innovations that give solutions to these problems.
For this reason, CalSens SL considers R&D an essential base in the activity of the firm.
Some of the R&D projects managed and carried out by CalSens team are:
- Development of advanced optical fiber sensors for the diagnosis of materials properties and structural health (sopromac) (p41/08)
- Development of optical sensors embedment techniques in concrete structures (ppi-05-05-5709-02)
- Definition of monitoring conditions, packaging and fixing of optical fiber sensors to measure temperatures and deformations in structures at high temperature.
- Optical sensors applied to instrumentation of structures to analyze their behaviour in real time.
- Development and technical viability study of sensors manufactured with optical fiber technology to measure deformations in precast concrete pieces.
- Experimental and numerical study of beam-column and slab-column joints in strengthened reinforced concrete columns (bia2008-06268)
- Experimental and numerical study of the building of concrete slabs in situ with centring and striking systems. bia2004-02085
- Research on the load transmission between slabs and shores to optimize costs and performance during the construction process of successive concrete slabs on site.
- Experimental study of the clearing process for different types of concrete slabs on site.
- Development of a computer program to estimate the load transmission between slabs and shoring during the construction of concrete slabs on site for a centring, clearing and striking process.
- Definition of striking periods of slabs built with Alsina formworks system.
- Behaviour assessment of the set ground-foundation and to determine the dose of compacted concrete and the improved grounds projected in the high weir for the lake at the reservoir tail in Alarcón (Cuenca).
- Definition of striking ages of concrete slabs on site.
- Obtaining of minimum time of use of Alsina fall prevention systems and its extrapolation to column sections different to 30*30 cm.
- Research on the use of waste materials from dumping sites in civil works.